Those questions I get asked all the time…
- Where are you from?
I’m from Bern, Switzerland
- What are your social media links?
- How long are you traveling?
I left Switzerland in April 2017 and I don’t know yet when I go back…
- How many countries did you visit?
Here’s the country list of this trip.
- Which country did you like most?
My favorites until now are Bolivia, Laos and Kyrgyzstan.
- How much does it cost?
I don’t know yet… I just started to write down the costs in Chile and right now it’s about $40 per day overall.
I’ll write down a complete calculation when I get back.
- How much did the motorcycle cost?
With all the panniers, crash bars, etc it was about 20’000CHF in total. There’s a list of the running costs of my bike here.
- What motorcycle do you ride?
It’s a Honda Africa Twin CRF1000.
- How did you drive to Australia/South America? There’s water in between!
I shipped the bike from Malaysia to Sumatra/Indonesia on a vegetable boat (Lim’s Onion Boat). Through whole Indonesia there are ferries until Timor Leste. From there I shipped by a container boat to Darwin/Australia.
After 6 months in Australia I flew the motorcycle from Sydney to Santiago/Chile with Bikesabroad.
- Which route did you take to Asia?
My (simplified) route was Russia, Kazakhstan, China, Laos, …
You can find the extact route here.